Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to me!

I thought being away from my family for my birthday would be hard especially since Josh is gone, but I had a really good day! It started off rough because one of the girls I work with got news yesterday that her mom is in the hospital with her brain bleeding. I watched her as she went on with her day keeping busy and working hard. It reminded me of myself when dad got sick. I asked her if her mom was awake and talking and she told me yes and she was wondering if she should go home and I told her yes cause I didn't get to say goodbye to my dad and it was really hard. I hope her mom isn't in the same situation as my dad and she gets better. Talking her made tears come to my eyes and I had to leave the room cause I knew I was going to start bawling and I didn't want to get her upset. Well, I did and we cried for a few minutes and did what we do and got back to work. After I brought the kids back from lunch the girls I work with were in the kitchen and threw me a surprise lunch. It was so nice, and I still don't know how the pulled it off without me finding out! They gave me a beautiful card, a yummy smelling candle, and a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure! I was so excited! Then at 2:00 right before we sent the little darlings home to their parents we had cake! The class sung me happy birthday! I love the kids in our class and all the people I work with!




2 comments:

The Reese Family Est. 4/14/06 said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Natalie!!! I know it's hard when your husband isn't there but it sounds like you had a great day! We hope he comes home soon.

Ashlie said...

Happy Birthday Natalie! I'm glad you had such a good day and I think you are so awesome for helping that lady out with her situation. You're such a strong girl and so full of the spirit. Miss ya!