Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Bittersweet

Today we moved out of our apartment in Holzgerlingen into the Hotel on base. I'm so excited that in 10 days we will be back in America but it was sad moving out of our first real home. Josh keeps saying our first home was in NC but I keep reminding him we only lived there together a little over a month. Our family grew in our little apartment over here and I'm going to miss it. I thought I was going to cry today when Jack was sitting in the window watching the tractors drive by cause he had no idea it would be the last time. I got to thinking about last summer when he first started rolling and how he would roll over to the window and look out. You would think it would get old but it was just as cute today as it was then. On the other hand I can't wait to start the hunt for our new home and I hope it will be just as great as this one.

It was a rough day on the boys as well. I know they don't understand that we are moving but they definitely know something is different. Kaleb has cried for 3 days and Jack just whines over everything so I was really dreading bedtime tonight but as usual they both surprised me. We have two cribs in our room so we put Jack in one in the living room, cause the internet hookup is in our room, and he only cried for a minute and a half then he went to sleep. We have the other crib in our room so after feeding Kaleb we said prayers and I laid him down and he just laid in the crib and waved his hands and rolled and played then fell asleep without me having to put his binky in. I really couldn't believe this especially since we had the TV on and we were talking. I love my boys!

0 comments: