Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Our Hospital Stay


The surgery went really good but Kaleb was not a happy camper afterwards. He wasn't allowed to eat anything the first day which didn't bother him because he felt so crummy but the next day he was HUNGRY and he could only drink 2oz of liquid every 4 hrs. He was not happy about that at all. Jack and Josh came to visit us and brought lunch and Kaleb walked up to him and took his chicken tender out of his hand and I had to grab it before he ate it. We got out a day early though because he was drinking fine and had been off the IV for 24 hrs and was staying hydrated. Getting home always makes it better. He was playing like normal but was still wanting food. He had to be on a liquid diet for a week, which they didn't tell me about before the surgery. He would just stand at the pantry and cry and on Sat after Jack had lunch I went to get the broom and before I even got back Kaleb was under the table eating the crumbs :( He was cleared Monday by the surgeon to start eating but he said to take it slow and make sure he has very small pieces. 

I always just thought Kaleb was a serious little boy because he never really laughed. I mean he smiles all the time but to laugh at something was just something he never did....until Sunday. Jack was playing and did something silly and Kaleb just laughed and laughed and I saw a look on his face and in his eyes that I had never seen before, which broke my heart because he is almost 2.  Now anything he sees he just cracks up at. It's so cute. I feel like I have a 4 month old that just started laughing cause every time I hear him I just look and watch him :) It is so good to see him so happy I just hate that it's taken him so long but I guess when you're in pain all the time it's hard to be happy. I'm just so thankful we decided to to the surgery and kinda wish we would have decided to do it earlier but at least it's all working out now. 


 This is one cool biker dude!!!


0 comments: