Sept 11 2011 we moved from Stuttgart Germany to Colorado Springs Co. We left our hotel 8:30 am and didn't get to CO until 4:30 am (germany time) so that was 20 hrs of travel time. I really didn't know what to expect since we were traveling with a 22 month old and a 4 month old but everything was great except for us being sabotaged LOL not on purpose though. The day before we went to our friends house and she makes these energy bars made of nothing but protein and fiber and she gave Jack one. First thing Sunday morning Jack pooped really good so i thought great I won't have to change a dirty on the plane, boy was I wrong, 5 min into our flight Jack had a blowout and, being the great mom that I am, I didn't have a change of clothes for him because he never has accidents so he had to sit 9 1/2 hrs and go through the Atlanta airport in a diaper and his car seat stunk so bad! other than that the flight went really well. I was so proud of the boys. Kaleb slept a lot of the 10 hr flight but Jack only took about a 2 and a half hr nap which is normal for him. I guess he has a high tolerance to benadryl because I gave it to him before take off and he didn't take his nap for another 5 hrs. At least it didn't make him hyper. We arrived in Atlanta on time so that was nice. We got our luggage and went through customs quickly so I was thinking this is going to be a breeze. The last stop in customs is just showing your passport so no problem there right? WRONG! They took us to the homeland security office and while we are standing there waiting to be called Josh notices we are the only Americans in this office so we weren't sure what was going on. They finally called him up and asked him where he was born. He told them ID and then they told him that when they scanned his passport it said he was born in Afghanistan LOL Thankfully we had a 3 hr layover so it didnt make us late at all.
waiting to check our luggage. Yes Jack is on a leash LOL
This is the best invention ever! It's a little strap that cost $8 and it hooks the car seat to the carry on. Jack just sat back and relaxed as we rushed to our planes.
Daddy's job was really hard thanks to the Ipad haha
Mommy and her sweet baby
Kaleb got a little restless at the end of the flight so we made him a play area under Jack's feet.
Jack had so much fun watching the planes take off and land.
the flight from Atlanta to Colorado Springs was super easy :)
After 18 hrs of traveling the boys were still happy. I love my boys!!
Email Authentication
1 week ago



1 comments:
Oh such cute pictures!! So glad you are finally close!! Jack & Kaleb are sure handsome little guys!!! Love the breadsack in the toilet!
Post a Comment