Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Our Last Weekend Before Daddy Leaves

This weekend was the worse weekend EVER!! It started Friday when Jack and I dropped Josh off at work to leave for Africa for two and a half months. I'm learning as Jack gets older it's harder and harder for Josh to leave because Jack is understanding more and more. Anyway we said our goodbyes and went home. Well, at 6:00pm he calls and said they didn't have a plane to leave on so he needed a ride home and they were going to try again tomorrow. So Saturday we got up watching the clock tick just waiting to drop him off again then he got a text saying the plane was broke and they would try tomorrow. So Sunday we got up watched the clock all morning, were walking out the door and got the text saying the plane was still broke! Ugh seriously???? Finally around 4pm he got another one saying no go for Monday but be there Tuesday at 2am. I mean I'm glad we got to spend the weekend together but that was so nerve wracking. So Saturday we walked to the park across the street and had a Picnic. 


 Monday we took the boys to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo here in Colorado Springs. This was the first time at the zoo for both my boys. Jack had so much fun naming all the animals. Kaleb was pretty interested too.







 Jack kept saying he wanted to ride the pony and I seriously didn't think he would even get on it so I kept ignoring him then on our way out I told Josh "I don't care to pay the $3 but you know he won't get on." Well, I was wrong. He had fun on his two circles.


2 comments:

Tyson and Carrie said...

looks like fun! So glad you got a few extra days with him. :)

MOM & DAD said...

Jack looks VERY comfortable on that horse!! I love the picture with Jack carrying his lunch box!! They are all cute!!!!! Thanks for sharing!!