Monday, April 25, 2011

Kaleb Matthew Jones

Kaleb was born April 20 2011 at 8:39am. I have to say that this scheduled c-section was great! I got to get up that morning and take a shower!! I was super nervous though. When they were doing the spinal I couldn't stop shaking, partly because the operating room was sooo cold. As soon as the surgery began my blood pressure bottomed out and Josh said I turned completely white and I told the Dr. I was nauseous, well he didn't know what nauseous meant so Josh made the gesture of me throwing up and right about then I started puking. They gave me medicine in my IV and I was fine. The rest of the surgery was great. The anesthesiologist was worried about me though and he was fantastic. He sit right beside me the whole time and rubbed my shoulders and kept talking to me trying to keep my mind off of the surgery cause I had told him before that I was a little scared. Yes Josh was on the other side but he was to busy standing up talking to the surgeon and looking at my organs on the outside of my body. The surgeon was telling Josh what each organ was and then he asked him if he was a paramedic and Josh said "No, I blow stuff up" so then they talked about explosives the rest of the time. LOL Kaleb came out perfect and even though I threw up a few more times after surgery I still say it all went great. The recovery is coming along well. I will say it hurts a lot LOL Everyone kept telling me that your second c-section isn't half as bad as the first but I'm here to tell you it is. I guess I just don't recover as quickly as some people but I think I'm getting around pretty good. Josh made my day the other day cause he told me he has decided to stay an extra week to make sure I heal properly and don't have to jump into the single mom of two kids right away! He is the best :) I'm so lucky to have him and my mom here. She has been a blessing. I was worried about being away from Jack for 5 days and how he would be with her but he was great. Honestly I don't even think he noticed I was gone. haha It is so nice waking up to clean bottles and a clean kitchen everyday! She is spoiling me so much I'm going to be lost when she goes home.



8lbs 20.8 inches long

I had to post this picture to show you the clothes they put on the babies in the hospital haha

Annie had come over that morning and stayed with Jack so my mom could go to the hospital with us and when she brought him to meet Kaleb it was horrible. He wouldn't even look at me. I reach up to give him a high five and he wouldn't even touch me. He even jerked his hand away from me. I was so sad. Then Kaleb started crying, then Jack, then I started crying. It's kinda funny now but I was so sad.

After Josh put him down he ran to the door and stood there for like 10 min. It was so sad.

The second day went much better.

All the wonderful gifts from our friends!


Getting ready to go home :)

2 comments:

Tyson and Carrie said...

Sounds like it went really well. The pictures of Jack are so cute! So glad to hear things are going good for you. Wish I was closer to help out. Kaleb is adorable.

MOM & DAD said...

Kaleb was born with wrinkles already on his legs!! I am jealous of your mom sitting there holding a brand new Kaleb but I know she gives both boys hugs from this grandma!!! I am so grateful she is there to help you with everything!! I cannot believe how Jack how grown! I was also excited to hear Josh gets another week home!! Here's a hug for all of you! Love you!!