I started my new job this week! I really enjoy it. I am a teachers aid for the special needs classroom. I am the aid of a little girl with down syndrome. She is so sweet. Her name is Sydnee and she is in the 4th grade. The thought that her education is in my hands scares the crap out of me but I'm doing okay so far. I thought when they hired me as an aid that meant I would help out in the classroom but actually Sydnee is independent enough that she can go to her actual fourth grade class and do work and not just stay in the special needs room. Obviously she can't do fourth grade work, she is on, about, a second grade level so I have to modify what her class is doing and make up work for her. Scary!!!!!!! There is only one special needs teacher and about 8 kids so she can't spend a lot of time with each of them. When Sydnee is at gym or art or music I go and help in the special needs classroom. I really enjoy it but it breaks my heart too. All the kids are so sweet but they are either autistic or mentally retarded so there really isn't any hope. Today I was helping one of the autistic little girls with her colors and she jumped and smiled really big and hugged me and gave me a kiss on my shoulder. It was so sweet. But then there are times like yesterday when one of the little girls sneezed and got snot on me and I was gagging the whole time I cleaned her and myself up!!!!! I wasn't happy about that. I have a really weak stomach and that just didn't cut it. I will make sure not to be the only teacher in the classroom from now on!
Our household goods are finally here and will be delivered on Tuesday!!!!! I am so excited. Josh is leaving me again in November to come back to the states to do some training! This military wife business is lonely!!!!! I will put more pics of the house on here after our stuff gets here.
Email Authentication
1 week ago



2 comments:
Natalie, it sounds like you are doing good, but just keep in mind that they're just kids. HA! Ha!
Love ya and miss ya, Carrie
I'm glad to hear things are working out. you getting a job. getting the apt. getting your furniture. growing up military, I DEFINITELY can relate! haha. :)
Post a Comment