Sunday, January 16, 2011

My baby is growing up so fast

I am totally not ready for Jack to be so independent. I know I am one of those mothers who want to keep him a baby forever but come on he is only 14 months old he IS still a baby! A couple of weeks ago I had to take his bottle away, yes I said HAD, because he started unscrewing the lid and dumping it on himself and I got tired of bathing him 3 times a day. Then last Sunday we were in church and he was getting fussy so I gave him his bink and he threw it and hasn't used one since! I know I should be really happy that he is breaking himself from these things but I'm not!! haha The only thing I had left was watching him learn to walk and still feeling like he is a baby cause he crawls. Monday he was stumbling all around this place and still crawling back to furniture to help pull himself back up then Tuesday I noticed he really didn't do that to much that day and he was standing up all by himself in the middle of the floor then Wednesday he comes walking steadily out of his room with a John Deere tractor in one hand and a toy juke box in the other and he has barely crawled since!! I HAD NO IDEA WALKING COULD PROGRESS SO FAST! Now he walks around drinking out of his sippy cup with no bink and It breaks my heart! He looks like a little boy and not mommy's baby anymore.

Jack doesn't say NO but when I tell or ask him to do something he doesn't want to do he growls at me. I have to turn my head before I smile cause I think it is hilarious!

The other day it got up in the 50's so we took Jack for a nice long walk hoping it would wear him out. Josh let him out of the stroller and of course he wanted to push it so we let him push it almost the whole walk. At one point he got down on his knees and scooting and I was telling him to stand up and Josh said don't worry he will in like a foot cause the gravel gets thicker. Well, Jack pushed that stroller on his knees through the whole gravel pit. Haha. I don't know if you can see it but those are his knee prints behind the stroller


We stopped at one of the many playgrounds in our village and let Jack go down the slide a few times. This was his first time on a slide. He LOVED it :)



2 comments:

Stephanie said...

what a doll! how funny. i like the growl. mikala used to do that all the time. they do get to be too independent way too fast!

Emily Petty said...

I like reading your blog, Natalie! You're so funny, and you document the day-to-day so well! Jack's knee marks are hilarious!