Monday, January 31, 2011

New Things

Last week at our new parent support group the leader wanted the kids to color on a poster board for her to hang up in her office. Jack was really the only kid that got into it. He loves to write and I think he is left handed like me cause every time he reaches for something that writes it is with his left hand :)


The subject for the meeting that day was age appropriate toys and the importance of girls playing with blocks and boys playing with dolls. At first I was like whatever but the more she talked and the more I read about it I think they may have a point. I was reading that if you are having a baby and your child is still really young you should play with a baby doll and get them used to you holding a baby and that you should teach them to be easy with the baby and teach them to love the baby haha So yesterday I went next door and borrowed one of Madison's baby dolls and I held it a little yesterday and at first Jack would look at me like what are you doing mom?? LOL But then I kissed the dolls head and then told him to give the baby a kiss and he did it. He doesn't play with it on his own but if I say "Jack, where's the baby? Go kiss the baby" he will do it. It's so sweet!



Some of my friends are really big into signing with their kids but I've never really gotten into it. Every once in a while I will sign more or eat to Jack but not very often but the other day at lunch time I said to Jack "Are you ready to eat" and he signed eat! I was like wow!! Then I tried more so now anytime he signs eat it is followed by more haha I don't know if he really knows what he is doing for if he just thinks it's funny. Anyway the last video is of him signing. This first video cracks me up cause he has been running through the house lately yelling bye and then he heads for the door. It is a lot funnier when the camera isn't on because he is such a poser when he sees the camera he just wants to smile at it so i didn't get him doing it the way he usually does but it's still cute.

1 comments:

Emily Petty said...

Cute! Frankie is quite attached to a little girl baby doll we have. Katie became aware of the dolly this past week. He does not appreciate that - he does not want to share! Boys can play with dolls too. :)