One of the things that bugged me most about this house was the kitchen. I hated the cabinets and didn't have enough room. One day I walked to one of our neighbors house that has the same floor plan as ours, without the addition, and she had knocked out the wall above the cabinets and taken the new ones to the ceiling. I was so impressed with this that I had to show Josh. We hadn't planed on doing a full kitchen remodel this fast but we both said when we moved here that we wanted to do the big stuff kinda quick so we can enjoy it and not do it when it's time to sell it. Well he loved her kitchen too so the work begun!

One of the things I hated was the wall between the kitchen and dining room. I could never be part of the conversation when I was cooking and people were in there talking. So the first thing we did was tear it out! I love how open it is now.
This is how I cooked for almost 2 months!!! Josh left the second week into the remodel so it was the the boys and I suffering through this lol
Next came down the cabinets and we found more interesting wallpaper ha ha.
Our worker found this note on the back of one of the cabinets. We thought it was pretty cool. I tried to look him up but didn't have any luck and our next door neighbor said they didn't live here very long so no one really knew them.
Half way through we decided to go on and do the floor too. I'm so glad because it turned out fantastic! Josh picked out the light about the sink :)
After the cabinets started going up I decided I wanted the darker outlet covers to match the hardware. Well when I put them on all I could see was the old ugly yellow outlets so I got on youtube and learned how to change them. I was pretty proud of myself :)
We love the new kitchen and are so glad we decided to go on and do it!
















0 comments:
Post a Comment