Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tummy Time

I have been working really hard trying to teach Jack how to raise his head when he is on his tummy. The doctor made me feel like such a bad parent at his last check up cause he didn't do this. She said "oh well, some kids just don't get it" I thought he is only 2 months old!!!! So now I sit in the floor with him and pick his head up and put toys where he can't see them hoping he may try to turn and lift his head but he has no interest. Sometimes he does lift his head and arms a little off the mat like an airplane but never even tries to push up. I took this video today because this is how tummy time goes 98% of the time. He just lays there and licks the mat or his fingers!

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

i guess he thinks if he feels something on or by his face he needs to eat - or taste. tell the doctor to lay on her tummy and do the airplane and see how much time she spends doing it. Sheesh. it makes me tired just thinking about it. oh well. it looks like he's getting it. it also looks like he's thinking about scooting! watch out!