It had been 3 years since Josh had been home so we took two weeks leave and went out for Thanksgiving. It was so nice to finally get some family time because Josh had been working so much since he joined this unit. This is a picture of Sandy, Randy, and Jack that he drew them the day before we left. It said To Grandma and Grandpa, see you tomorrow after our plane trip. Love Jack
Once we made it to Salt Lake we still had a few hours to drive and it didn't take them long to zonk out.
We took the long way to Paul and stopped in the town where Randy grew up. First we stopped at his grandma and grandpa Jones' grave
The we went to his uncles farm that he used to go hunting at. It really was beautiful up there and of course the boys loved the old farm equipment!
The next couple weeks were really fun. All the family were able to come home except Ryan because he was serving his mission in the Philippines. We had fun riding four wheelers, playing with cousins, playing in the snow, and just being with family. That is one of the many things I miss about living out west is the boys don't get to see their cousins very often. Jack and Kaleb started skating and loved it so of course roller blades made the Christmas list.
I was so excited to find out that super Saturday was the weekend I got there in my mother in law's ward and I got to sign up to make something!!!!!
Since we were all home we thought it would be nice to have Randy a surprise party for his birthday. We all met at Steph's house and had lasagna, salad, bread, and cake.
Thanksgiving started out great. We all met at the fire hall and had dinner!
This is all of the cousins!
Jack and Kaleb found the boxing gloves and I just love these pictures so I couldn't leave them out :)
While we were there Randy and Josh went up to uncle Ron's ranch for a few days in Challis Idaho. That is the area we would like to retire so it was nice to see pics and know that Josh really does love it there.
We had to get up super early to start this trip. Justin picked us up at 4am to take us to the airport
The boys were great on both flights! We really to have great travelers!!Once we made it to Salt Lake we still had a few hours to drive and it didn't take them long to zonk out.
We took the long way to Paul and stopped in the town where Randy grew up. First we stopped at his grandma and grandpa Jones' grave
The we went to his uncles farm that he used to go hunting at. It really was beautiful up there and of course the boys loved the old farm equipment!
The next couple weeks were really fun. All the family were able to come home except Ryan because he was serving his mission in the Philippines. We had fun riding four wheelers, playing with cousins, playing in the snow, and just being with family. That is one of the many things I miss about living out west is the boys don't get to see their cousins very often. Jack and Kaleb started skating and loved it so of course roller blades made the Christmas list.
I was so excited to find out that super Saturday was the weekend I got there in my mother in law's ward and I got to sign up to make something!!!!!
Kaleb wearing grandpa's hat
Thanksgiving started out great. We all met at the fire hall and had dinner!
This is all of the cousins!
Jack and Kaleb found the boxing gloves and I just love these pictures so I couldn't leave them out :)
While we were there Randy and Josh went up to uncle Ron's ranch for a few days in Challis Idaho. That is the area we would like to retire so it was nice to see pics and know that Josh really does love it there.














































0 comments:
Post a Comment