Thursday, August 9, 2018

Aug 2017

Aug was same as June and July. Boating and visitors! This year Jack and Kaleb were still afraid of a lot of the water toys and they wouldn't even get on the tubes until now and we had to go REALLY slow!

I gave Ken and Josh a good ride though :)
 I love the sunsets on the Potomac! 
Josh tried out his new wake surfboard

Kaleb was too small to try and wake board so Josh got him up :)

Josh has been letting the boys learn how to operate the boat. before we start he has them turn the batteries and blower on while we are unstrapping it. 
Kaleb is a pro now haha
There is a little island right down from our channel and once a year the owner has a band come and play. We met all our neighbors there and we all tied up and cooked on the boats and swam and listened to the band. 

The Overfelts came up from VA Beach where they are stationed and spent a couple nights with us. They always try and go to the Temple while they are here because it is so far away from them so while Luke and Steph went we took the kids out on the boat. Our boys love these kids. Whenever they are talking about them when they're not here they will say "You know, mom, our cousins" :)
Porter, Everette, Kaleb, Afton, Merit, and Jack 


While they were here we went to Buds Creek MD and watched a motocross race. I especially enjoyed this. It had been way too long since I had been to a Moto. The kids had a blast and every time someone asked Kaleb what his favorite part of summer was he siad the motocross race :)


The boys have been begging me to get them some army uniforms so finally after them agreeing that they would be their Halloween costumes I got them some. They have worn them nonstop since they got them.
My childhood best friend Carrie brought her new boyfriend Chad and stayed a few days. 
While she was here we went to the mall and we were shopping and going along and she went to go in Victoria's Secret and I was following and I looked back and both boys were stopped dead in their tracks about 50 feet behind me shaking their head no with a look of disgust on their faces. It was so funny. Kaleb said "I'm not going in any store that says Pink."  I sat outside and let her go in alone but after 20 min of not seeing her I went to hurry her up and this is how they walked through the store. 

More fun at Pirate's Cove












0 comments: