After years of begging and begging and months of researching we have decided to get a dog😩 I knew this day would come but I am not ready. Josh told me before he left on this deployment that he thought it was time and I had 5 months to get used to it lol. We started look for a Weimararner because Josh has always liked them but eventually decided they got too big so we started looking at the German Shorthaired Pointer and they seemed to be a good fit. Everything I read said they were really hyper and that worried me but of all the other ones we looked at I felt the best about this kind. I finally started calling breeders trying to see when we could get one and when I was describing what we were looking for in a dog he said it sounded like a Vizsla would be perfect for us. We had never heard of this breed so I started the research again and called several breeders then found one I really liked. She called me and we talked for 2 hrs about their temperament, lifestyle, etc. Then she basically interviewed me because she said they want to make sure they sell to people who will care for the dogs properly. This really surprised me but also made me feel great about deciding to go with them. Once she approved our application she put us on a list. The mom was supposed to go in heat in March which meant we could bring him home in July which was perfect because Josh would be home and we wanted to get him on the boat ASAP so he could get familiar at a young age. After the interview and everything I found out the breeder was in West Virginia so I knew it was a right fit. :)
The rest of Feb was pretty boring. We had basketball and that was all. Jack had a great season and scored his first and only shot of the season in his last game. He was so excited and I was sooo happy for him!





0 comments:
Post a Comment