It was still pretty warm in Oct so we celebrated Kenny's birthday at Belmont Bay! We take Barrett with us everywhere and he is so good and still sleeps a lot. Josh put him in the water today to see what he would do and he started swimming right away!
Well, our plan of getting Barrett while Josh was home so he could train him went out the door. Josh had to go to Iraq for 5 weeks so that left me to puppy duty! I had no idea how much a puppy was like a baby! I would get up every 2 hours and take him out to pee even if he wasn't whining, I kept a log of his eating, peeing, and pooping. We got into a pretty good routine where we would get up, play, train, nap, and then do it all over again. I had said that he wasn't going to get on the furniture but then I realized I was spending my whole day on the floor so that went out the window pretty fast. He's a pretty good puppy. He would nip and jump on me which drove me crazy but we made it through!
Well, our plan of getting Barrett while Josh was home so he could train him went out the door. Josh had to go to Iraq for 5 weeks so that left me to puppy duty! I had no idea how much a puppy was like a baby! I would get up every 2 hours and take him out to pee even if he wasn't whining, I kept a log of his eating, peeing, and pooping. We got into a pretty good routine where we would get up, play, train, nap, and then do it all over again. I had said that he wasn't going to get on the furniture but then I realized I was spending my whole day on the floor so that went out the window pretty fast. He's a pretty good puppy. He would nip and jump on me which drove me crazy but we made it through!
Barrett loves going to the bus stop every morning!
One Wednesday night on our way to Scouts I couldn't resist pulling over and taking a picture. It was so beautiful and with the weather cooling down I knew it would be a while before we were back on the river.
That night at scouts Jack earned his Wolf rank!
Now that Fall is finally here it's time for the fun to start! We went to the fall festival at Josh's work. The kids had never seen bobbing for apples and Jack didn't stop until he got one! He tried for like 25 min and was soaked afterward but had a ball.
This year for Halloween Ken decided to hook a trailer up to the mule and pull everyone around the neighborhood. It was a great idea!





































0 comments:
Post a Comment