Kaleb had been asking Josh if they could wake board at the same time so they finally did it!
Josh turned 34 on the 9th. I had ordered this holder for his Yarborough knife that he got when he graduated the special forces course. I love how it turned out!
The boys helped him build a gun with the parts he got for his birthday
I didn't plan anything so Shelby got him a cake and we sang and hung out over at their house.
September was still really warm so we had plenty of boating! The boys are getting a lot better and moving in and out of the wake.
The breeder emailed us and told us that we could pick the puppy up on Sept 29. Now we just had to pick a name. The boys couldn't agree on anything. Josh and Jack really liked the name Boomer. Kaleb wanted to name him Bomber but we told him we really couldn't go around yelling bomber in public LOL After months of debating I finally asked them what they thought about Barrett like the 50 Cal and they all loved it! Since the breeder was in WV we decided to go to Logan for a quick trip. We got there late Friday evening and left Sunday morning to drive to Bluefield to get the puppy. I did however make time on Saturday to get my hair done. I had been wanting a change so I said to Josh that I think I'm going to go purple. He said I wouldn't do it so I did! lol
The breeder finally emailed us on Saturday letting us know that we would be getting the Green puppy.
We picked him up Sunday morning and drove back to VA. I was so nervous about the drive home and him peeing everywhere but he didn't have one accident. We stopped twice and he used the bathroom outside and pretty much slept the whole way!
Jack competed in the rain gutter regatta for cub scouts and did awesome!
I have never had a pet before so this was nerve wracking for me! I couldn't get over how small he was and how much like a baby he was. I took him out every hour to use the bathroom and got up every 2 hrs at night to take him out. People told me I was crazy and I should only get up when he cries but I wasn't taking a chance on him using the bathroom in his crate! We got into a pretty good schedule though. We would play fetch in the house, do some training then take a nap. He would crack me up when he would get under his pillow.
He took his first boat ride on Sept. 29th and did amazing!
All of our friends would laugh at us because we took him everywhere in a laundry basket but it worked and he was happy! We even took him to Tim's and had lunch and he was great!
On the 29th we heard that they were transporting a replica of Air Force One from Rhode Island to National Harbor and would be coming up the Potomac that afternoon. We went out and saw it. It really was a sight to see that big airplane on the water.




































0 comments:
Post a Comment