9-3
Kaleb said he's so glad his dad is home so we can start having fun again 🤣🤣 It's a beautiful day for motocross in PA!
Josh was over on the pro track and wrecked. He hurt his shoulder really bad so he got us to the cabin and we left the boys worry the Meckley's and Beauregard's and I took him to the ER.
We still got to spend a beautiful weekend at the cabin! It's so weird to be here without snow!!
Not all field trips are fun. This one, will be the most important one we do this year! I didn't realize my boys thought there were only two planes that took part in this attack. I guess we really do only talk about the twin towers :/ It was a great experience to watch the boys learn of all the events of that terrible day.
It was definitely an emotional experience, but one I needed. The last few years a lot of people have asked why Josh stays in the military and I always say it's because he believes the work he does really does help.
The sad thing is these words had lost meaning to me. I mean, this world has gone crazy, and the way some people in this country treat our military and law enforcement is a shame. After hearing so often that what he does doesn't really matter I started, wondering if they were right especially after this last deployment that was so hard on our family, but they are wrong. We do live in the best country in the world and I'm so Proud to love a man who does all he can to keep us safe!
9-9
Today we celebrate this guy! Happy 37th Birthday Josh, we love you!
The boys have been mowing a couple months now so they had a shopping trip!
The first month of homeschool has had its ups and downs but has mostly been good. Kaleb is still adjusting and argues with me about having to do school. The other day I couldn't find Jack and I found him on the porch doing his math because he didn't want to hear Kaleb and I yelling. 😬 there's a learning curve.
And other things lol
This is how Kaleb did his school work today! 🤦♀️😂
We got the stickers on the van and they turned out so good!
Kaleb wanted to work on his flips so Josh helped him make a harness. First he had to draw it out though.
Josh and I were in the front yard one day and heard kids screaming and laughing so we walked down to the main street and found the 3 stooges with things they picked up from someone's trash pile. They are always hauling stuff home!
They have also decided to build an Army tank
Even the rain can't stop them
October
One of my favorite things about homeschooling is the freedom! We have been looking for a new boat and one came up in Raleigh, NC so we packed up the days lessons and hit the road!
It was a nice boat but when we were filling the ballast tanks it started leaking and filling the bow with water. Obviously, we didn't buy it! Lol
10-3
This year for Kenny's birthday we had a riding party at the garage!
This isn't the market to be wanting to buy a boat in. Everyone is wanting one which means every time I call on one is already sold. I called last week on one in Maine and it was sold but the dealer told me he had another one that he hadn't listed yet because he was using it to wakeboard with his kids. He sent me pics and the info, it wasn't exactly what we wanted but it was close so we decided to go check it out.
10-5 We stopped by Paula's farm on the way. I love getting these kids together!
Joe, Jack, Kaleb, Will, & Lydia
Riding their bikes to get Apple Cider Doughnuts after the morning work on the farm!
10-6 our next stop was seeing Ashlyn and Jay in New Hampshire. Jay gave the boys a drone!
Don't worry, we're doing our school work!
10-7
Our next stop was Maine
We went straight to Sebago Lake to test drive the boat. It was so beautiful there! We loved the boat and decided to buy it. They were going to winterize it for us so we had to come back the next day to get it so we headed to the coast and visited Portland Maine.
Kaleb's alarm for Jack haha
10-8
We're doing this US geography unit and it started in New England so a few weeks ago we covered Maine. Today while we were outside at our campsite Jack got excited and said "Look mom, there's a Black-capped Chickadee! That's Main's state bird." Of course the camera came out and they started shooting everything 😊
I guess they are paying attention when they are looking everywhere but the book and taking pens apart. This was a big Win for me lol
The newest member of the Jones Family!
The boys loved farm work so much they begged us to go back to Paula's!
Kaleb picked me these beautiful flowers
The morning after we got home we dropped Jack off at our church building in Mount Vernon and he rode 30 miles to the DC Temple with the youth in our Stake. He was so excited and when we picked him up. One of the women in his group kept bragging on him and how fast he was. She told him he should do triathlons. Jack said no. Lol
10-20
When you study about Scotland for 2 weeks, you make Scottish Shortbread! They did great and it is yummy!
We finished our first science unit, Kingdoms and Classifications, and grew a Tin hedgehog from a pellet.
10-25
Last winter Kaleb asked for a bmx bike for his birthday and told me he wanted to race. I got him the bike but didn't take him serious about the racing part because anytime he has wanted to play a sport he changes his mind right before we register, so I never l looked for a place. He's kept asking though and it turns out there is a place about 20 min from us. We signed him up for practice, but right before it was supposed to start it started raining and they canceled it. He didn't even get to go into the track. I love these pics if him checking it out. He had such wonder and amazement in his eyes!
We went to a work party for one of josh's friends and while we were talking we saw Jack pulling a bunch of kids with a mower! He had rigged this train up all by himself.
Our back yard has become a Wiffle Ball Field lately! I love having all the kids playing here!
I love this picture of Kaleb before church!
The boys decorated for Halloween!
10-28
Three days ago I woke up with my eye like this. I went to the Dr and she put me on antibiotics
It wasn't getting any better so I went back to the Dr and they admitted me so I could get two of the strongest antibiotics through an IV.
It got worse and eventually the whole side of my face was swollen. These huge pads that they keep in the cooler for women when they give birth were the best!
It took a few days before the medicine started working so I was in the hospital for 5 days!
10-30
We had Halloween parties Friday and Sat, which I was taking Jack's birthday cake to so his friends could sing to him, I needed to sew the boys LED lights to their costumes, of course trick or treating, and Josh took care of everything! He's such a great dad!
I also missed Halloween, which is one of my favorite nights in the neighborhood!



0 comments:
Post a Comment