Wednesday, June 29, 2022

December 2019

 December is here!  I love December. It's always hectic but the magic of the season keeps me going. As soon as we got home from WV the decorating began!



We bought this ladder at an estate sale in the neighborhood a few months back, and it was the perfect thing to put our Christmas village on. 

I also made this :)


The boys earned some patches in cub scouts




Justin and Liv had cookies with the Grinch again this year. So many people from our neighborhood were there. I love the community that we have here!



This is the only night that they bring the speakers outside and play the music that is synced to the lights, every other night you have to listen on the radio. I thought it was sweet after everyone went back in I saw Jack sitting outside alone just enjoying the show. He really does love it and he helped Mr. Justin put a lot of the decorations up.

We were invited to the Yellow Ribbon project through Josh's work this year. It's a lot of fun for the kids and they really enjoy it.






Kaleb and I made the garland for the little tree. I love this tradition


I signed my mom up at the Senior Center in Lorton so she would have something to do and get out of the house sometimes. She has had a great time. She went on a field trip to see Christmas lights in Bull Run, goes to the exercise classes, made ornaments in art class, and plays rumicube with the other old ladies. This pic was the first day she went. I told my brothers that I just dropped mom off at daycare LOL

Barrett has become a big fan of the bed he got for Christmas last year
I ran the holiday shop at the school again. It was a lot of work but I love seeing the kids get excited to buy gifts for their loved ones. Luckily mom decided to come home with us after Thanksgiving to spend Christman with us because Kaleb got so sick and couldn't go to school that week. Josh was gone for work so I don't what I would have done without her.



Our holiday baking was a hit as usual. 😊





I know we're always saying how much we love our neighborhood, but we really do! Our community is awesome, and I know if we need anything we as ask any one of them. Christmas caroling at the marina.
































0 comments: