The kids decided they were going to build a bike track around the yard.
Josh is always complaining about all the pillows I have on the bed and I'm always telling him I HAVE to have 4 pillows because I need one under my head, one under my knees, and one in each side. He took this picture and sent it to me saying "You're really using all of them, huh?" 🤣🤣
8-4
I haven't been in West Virginia during the summer in years. Today I took the boys to the East Lynn Lake, where I grew up going and they had a ball! Uncle Gino's jet skis were their favorite but I loved just being there. I forgot how green it gets here! It was a great day out with mom and both my brothers, and that's not something we can say everyday. 😂😂
So excited to go!
Then when you're out of sight of anyone you let the 11 and 12 year olds go free!
These two giving each other crap, what they do best! 🤣🤣
We enjoyed our visit a lot. Swimming with cousins at Aunt Jody's
Grayson had airsoft guns and they had a blast playing with them
We went to Danni's mom's for a play date.
Jack weed eated Mamaw's back yard. Safety First!
Mom always makes spaghetti when we come home and everyone comes to eat. While we were sitting on the porch after dinner ambulances came to mom's next door neighbors. Everything was ok but I was laughing so hard at Mom, Sis, and Jody's being nosy. 😂
8-15
Here we go again. I can't believe I have a middle schooler!
We made some updates to the classroom
Josh hard at work!
Intermediate class is no joke but Kaleb is doing awesome! He didn't win the race tonight but he did win one of the rounds!
Jack got the mower stuck in the ditch while mowing. Good thing Mr. Joe is working from home and could come to the rescue.
8-25
Well, the boys found a TV on someone's curb today, so they decided to bring it home to smash it! 🤦♀️😂
8-27
Today was another VA State Qualifier. This one was at VMP just south of Richmond. They had s race last night as well so we came and got a hotel and raced both days.
Last nights race was much cooler.
Today's not so much, but i came prepared!
A few weeks ago a new family started coming to the track to race. They just moved to VA from SC. The dad is in the Marines. They have two kids, Kip and Izzy who are the boys' age. Kip and Jack are in the same Moto and have been trading off wins. Kip took 1st today and Jack took second.
They are becoming good friends and I love his mom, Holly. Heck we all like the whole family and they have started sitting over by us, which is out of the way from everyone else. Today their dad was working on their house so it was just us mom's and kids. We had a fun day then went to a delicious Italian restaurant after the races!
Kaleb had a big group today. His Moto started with two gates then narrowed down to one for the main race. He did make it to mains but came in 4th. He was so upset because he didn't make the podium. I told him it's harder when there's so many other kids, especially when they have been riding a lot longer, but it was still hard to see him upset.
September
I always hate when the boys miss out on fun when Josh is deployed, especially if it's because it's something I can't do, so I'm so thankful for Ken hauling their bikes to the garage so they can still ride!
We are studying Ancient History this year and a few weeks ago we went on a field trip with the Fort Belvoir Homeschoolers to the National Geographic Museum in DC to see the special exhibit on King Tut.
Can't you tell how excited they were?! 😂
It was an interesting exhibition and had an interactive room and while the story was playing the whole room would change.
We did get a cool make your own papyrus kit. Here we go!
I found a homeschool soccer league and signed the boys up. Neither one of them were especially excited but they ended up having fun.
Jack played goalie, which is what he used to play so he was excited.
This was definitely one of those moments where the homeschool kids were odd and Jack was the best on the team!
9-17
Today was the Virginia State Championship and Kaleb placed 3rd out of 12 in the 11yr old intermediate class! Jack got 2nd in the 12 yr old novice class! They only had 4 but I'm still super proud of him, he rode hard all 3 rounds!
These first two pictures are from last Oct. when we took Kaleb to the track for the first time. He was so curious and excited! Josh and I were betting on if he was even going to go out there or chicken out. It ended up pouring 5 minutes after I took these pictures and they canceled practice so he didn't get to try. He was so bummed. I'm so glad I captured this moment though! He has worked so hard this year and absolutely loves this sport!
Jack took 2nd out of 6! He's improving so much!
A rare moment of them talking and not arguing with each other. 💙
They did awesome! It was a great day of racing!



0 comments:
Post a Comment