Tuesday, July 22, 2025

June & July 2022

6-3
Last day of 6th Grade on the Leftt and First day on the Right. I can't believe Jack is going to be a middle-schooler next year!
Last day of 5th Grade on the Left and First day on the Right.  
Some of our last homeschool projects 
The boys got another Mowing job! Joe's friend Ben moved across the street from us and the boys asked him if they could mow his lawn.  When he asked how much they charged, they told him $30. He looked at them and said "How about I pay you $40?" 😂😂 They couldn't believe it! 
Summer Fun!
We're always trying to help Jack find something he's interested in and Josh is always telling me what a great shot so we looked for a shooting group. I found one in Manassas and took him to one of their classes.  We thought he would really enjoy it but he didn't.  Oh well, we tried.  
6-25
You have to win 1st place 10 times before you can move from beginner to intermediate in BMX. Kaleb did that in only 12 races! We're so proud of him and love that he's found his sport! He has to win 20 races to go from intermediate expert. I can't wait to watch him get better and better!
July
7-9
While Jack was at Young Men's Camp, Kaleb had the opportunity to take a clinic from a Pro BMX rider, Barry Nobles. I was really impressed how much time he took with the kids and really helped them. Not only am I loving this sport, I'm loving the community that comes with it! 
Getting his number plate signed!
7-13
This time last year, I was so nervous and scared because school was only a few weeks away and I had no idea what I was doing! Not that I know what I'm doing now, but I'm really excited for this year! All of our curriculum is here and I'm praying for the best 6th and 7th grade year ever!
After months of hard work Jack won his first BMX race tonight!
7-18
This summer has felt so weird. Usually we are going nonstop, but Josh had two hernias repaired June 1st. My back has been giving me so much trouble since last summer and the last few months I've lost feeling in my right calf due to my never being pinched by 3 herniated disks. I had back surgery on June 22. 
Josh takes such good care of me! He was so great with taking care of stuff around the house and with the boys even though I don't take great care of him when he's down.  We were laughing after my surgery because just a few weeks earlier,  3 days after his surgery, he asked me for a house phone so he could call his parents and I looked at him and said "there's one in the kitchen" and walked away.  He said, "Wow, I guess I only get 3 days to get back to normal." I laughed so hard and told him I would get it.  I totally wasn't thinking and got him the phone but it just proved yet again that he's the better caretaker! 😂
We've only taken our new boat out 4 times and we Usually boat 5 to 6 days a week.  We decided to take off a few days and go to Ocean City before Josh deploys and it's exactly what we needed! The beach is my happy place and it's even better when you're with friends!
Of course Mr. Joe is playing with the kids! 
Jack, Kaleb,  Kenny, Sophie,  Alexa, & Emily
Mini Golf! 
Go Karts!
Candy candy candy! 
Yummy dinner!
I really enjoyed sitting by this fire listening to the band! 
Jack decided a while back he wanted to start road biking so we got him a bike, clip in shoes, and the gear.  Josh asked him if he wanted to take their bikes to the beach and do some early morning rides, so they did! 

Surprise! This hobby didn't last long! 😂😂
7-23
We try to teach the boys that if you want to play hard you have to work hard. Once a year they take the old slurry off the track and spread new.  We spent the day working on the track and boy was it hot! 
While the boys slurried the track I pulled weeds.  I drank plenty of water but on the way to the car I got so sick and threw up. I was shaking so bad.  Josh told me I was dehydrated.  I thought drinking water was good enough but I guess I needed electrolytes too. We stopped and got me a Gatorade on the way home and when we got home Josh put ice packs under my arm pits. I thought he was crazy but it did help.  
7-29
It's not everyday you get coached by the #1 Pro Vet in BMX! The boys have been taking a camp this week with Jonathan, the Mosquito, Suarez and have learned so much. Kaleb has been wanting to learn to jump over the jumps, I'm sure there's a real name for it, I just don't know it, but has been nervous. Yesterday Mosquito gave him the encouragement, and push down the hill, to try and he did awesome! By the end of the day he was jumping everything on the last stretch. I'm so thankful for all these BMX guys who come to our track and help our kids! Jonathan really gave them one on one advice and could tell Kaleb was shy and made sure he got what he needed. He kept telling me he couldn't believe this was his first season and after Kaleb's runs he would say "Look at that boy!" 
Kaleb thought it was cool cause he was the only kid he took a video of lol
The days were so hot, but totally with it! 
I'm proud of Jack too, but we all know he's just there to socialize 😂😂
7-29
This cool guy turned 4 today! Never did I ever think I would have a dog but I'm so glad he's ours! He really is the best puppy!
7-30
Today the boys raced in their first state qualifier, which is a bigger race than they've ever done. Riders from all over the state compete to get qualified for the Statec Race at the end of the season. Both boys got 2nd in their class! 
I can't believe that a year ago I didn't even know this was a sport and now I'm spending most of my free time at the track. I'm so happy they love it!





























0 comments: