5-9
Jack's friend, Maxwell's, mom text this to me this afternoon and I have to admit it made my day!
5-11
I had a good Mother's Day with these beautiful flowers from my guys!
5-13
It's officially Dirt Bike season!
5-18
Our DC temple has been closed for renovation the last few years and before they dedicate it they are having an open house, so we took the boys today. It is so beautiful! ❤️
Jack got his first BMX trophy tonight! We're so proud of him!
5-21
We started our day at the BMX track. It was so hot! Kaleb packed the leaf blower so he would have a breeze! Lol
Kaleb and Kenny cheering Jack on!
We took our new boat out for the first time today! This boat is amazing! It's so much bigger than our last one. We love it!
I think Barrett approves
Josh has been making a bench out of his old wakeboards and it turned out awesome!
We went on a field trip with the Fort Belvoir Homeschoolers to a VR video game place. Even though the boys don't enjoy doing things with this group they enjoyed this!
This is Jack's "I'm having fun" face 😂😂
I know last year was hard on a lot of kids with school being virtual, but when I got the boy's state test results, I literally cried. Jack had failed the math portion and kaleb had barley scored in the low range. This was a big reason I decided to homeschool. This was especially hard for me because Jack had always scored in the advanced portion for math.
In the state of Virginia we have to show proof of progress every year so I chose to have them take an approved national standardized test where they have to have a composite score of 4 or above. Today we got their results and I'll let the pictures speak for themselves!
We have worked so hard. Lots of fights and tears because not only did we have to catch up we still had to progress, so they had many days of extra work and they were not happy about it. Lots of days I went in my room and cried then went back to the classroom and made them work. So today not only am I bragging on them, I'm bragging on myself. We did it! 😂😂
Oh yeah, today makes 14 yrs I've been married to my best friend! He's the best principle and has even had video conferences about attitudes at the drop of a hat while working in the middle of nowhere. I'm so glad he's my partner on this crazy adventure! This is a picture from Jay's wedding that was just emailed to him last week. It's too good not to share! ❤️
5-29
A few weeks ago Ken sent Joe and Josh a text telling them that the Red Bull Mountain Scramble motocross race was gong to be at Seven Springs and we should all go spend the weekend at the cabin and watch it. A few minutes later Joe replied and said "We can race in it!" Josh thought he was joking, but he wasn't. Amateur's could enter the race also so Ken, Josh, Joe, and Jerry entered. It didn't surprise us that Ken and Jerry did because they are experienced riders but Joe and Josh have only been riding a couple years. This wasn't a normal motocross track either. It went through the woods which was full of rocks and logs then up the Ski hills. The night before the race Kenny and Kaleb decided to enter too. This really surprised us but we let him enter. He had the smallest bike in the whole race and it couldn't handle all the trees and logs in the woods. He ended up getting a hole in his oil pan and had to be towed out. We were so proud of him!
Josh made it around once and had decided he was finished but when he pulled up to our pit spot Jack was waiting and handed him a Gatorade and started filling his gas tank so he went around again. Haha They were all so tired and sore the rest of the weekend.
The next day we went and watched the side by sides race. It was a lot of fun!
While walking back to the cabin I decided to take a shortcut and rolled my ankle right on a rock! I didn't want to go to the Dr in PA since we were leaving to go home anyway so I waited until we got home. I didn't know you only had 4 hours to get stitches after you cut yourself and I didn't get to the ER until 7.5 hours later so they couldn't sew me up. Everyone was laughing because all the guys raced that race without getting injured and I ended up in the ER!



0 comments:
Post a Comment