So my goal this year was to work more on family history and go to the temple once a month. Well, I failed. We went to the DC temple on Dec 30 and that was my first time this year. I saw on the ward Facebook page that they were having a youth temple trip so I met them up there and went in and did baptisms while the boys and Josh hung out in the visitors center and enjoyed all the Christmas activities. I did do family names but they were cards that I had printed in March of 2013. The most important one though was my dad. I had been putting it off for so long wanting Josh to do his work but it just never works out that we can go together for baptisms so I decided it was time and just asked one of the young men to do it.
When I got there I went to have my cards printed and the lady said one of them wouldn't print. When I checked it was my dads and instantly I had a heavy heart and wanted to cry. One of the women with me said "oh well, he's not ready" but I just had this feeling in my gut that it needed to be done today. Then I remembered another paper that was printed and i put in the bottom of my bag and I handed it to her and it printed. I instantly felt joy and relief.
I've always heard stories about people doing loved ones work and how they felt them there and I always thought that was crazy but when they did my dad's work I knew what they had meant. I mean I didn't see him or feel him or anything but I just knew he was there. The next week was crazy because I didn't miss him as much as I usually do because I felt like I had spent time with him. Crazy I know but it was just what I needed and a great testimony builder :)



0 comments:
Post a Comment