Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jack Jones

Jack has grown up so much this past year. He is the sweetest little boy and so kind hearted. He loves music and LOVES to dance.  We dance everyday. The kitchen is our favorite place to dance.  I love the look in his eyes and the smile he gives me when we dance.  It has been a big year for us and this move has been hardest on him.  He misses Colorado and his friends so much.  The first few weeks in the house we skyped with Adalie and Maddy, and Maddy and Kenzie a few times.  He is constantly asking about all of his friends. I'm hoping once we meet some more people here and he makes some friends it will be better.  We have been here six months and he still says "mom I miss Colorado" or "I just don't like this house, I miss our old house." It breaks my heart but I just smile and try to make this place seem awesome.  I can't believe he is 5 already. His favorite toys are still trains and his favorite color is orange. He still wants to be a construction worker when he grows up. His new favorite show on tv is gold rush. He loves watching it will daddy and he loves seeing big red.  He brings so much joy to our family. 
Some things that he has started this year is hoarding and recycling lol Don't get me wrong I'm so glad he cares about the earth and wants to make it a better place but the boy doesn't want to throw anything away.  Even if it's trash I have to say "put this in the recycling" because he freaks out if he thinks something is getting thrown away.  Sometimes I will clean up and get rid of stuff then next thing I know I see it and Jack says "mom, somehow this was in the trash" lol

One night at my moms he decided to put chocolate syrup in a bottle of water and it was gross. Josh told him to throw it away and he panicked an said "no, I'll drink it" and that's what he did. He drank that nasty water just so we wouldn't throw it away.
 He also can't walk past a piece of trash on the road without picking it up.  On halloween he saw this wrapper in a drain and wouldn't continue with us until he picked it up. He put it in his coat pocket and threw it away when we got home.  He is always doing this with pop cans, paper, water bottles, anything on the ground he wants it in the trash can lol
Uncle Mello's truck was having some problems while we were home so Jack helped him fix it.  He loves his uncle Mello and loves going to WV and working with him in the garage and outside. 


One day in WV we were going through the drive through at Little Caesars, yes pizza is still his favorite food, and he said "Mom why doesn't pizza places have playgrounds?" I told him I didn't know the he said "Well, when I grow up and am a construction worker, I'm going to build a pizza place with a playground right by the railroad tracks so the kids can play and watch trains go by." 

A few weeks later we were driving to Kelly's and he got excited and said "Mom, that's it. That's where I'm going to build my pizza place. That building is really old and I'm going to tear it down and build my pizza place." :) This is an old store that was open when I was little and you can't really see in this picture but there is a train track across the road. 

I found them watching football and thought back to this picture. It seems like yesterday. 

He really has grown up so much over this past year. He definitely isn't my baby anymore.  We think he is looking more like his cousin Trey everyday.
 Jack and Kaleb were playing the other day and Kaleb head butted him and gave him his first black eye. I have never seen a bruise come up as fast as this one. 
One things for sure. He sure has his daddy's facial expressions :) 


0 comments: