Thursday, July 26, 2018

2016 Apollo St. Projects

The first project of the year was getting that big tree down behind the garage so we could get our new roof. He scared me many times while doing this but it is now down! 
I painted the coat closet black to match the front doors. 

 My bulbs that I planted last fall came up in the spring so pretty! 

A new front door!! We knew we need one because the old one was cracked and let cold air in until I covered the crack with duck tape :) This was quiet the process. When I had the guy come and give me an estimate I was floored when they said the wood ones I really wanted would be $7,000. There was no way I was going to pay that for a front door so I decided to do black instead. The guy left me with a book and told me I could pick any style with any glass package, in any color and they would give me an estimate for it. Well, that was the worst thing he could have told me because I'm horrible at making decisions so I made tons of doors and got prices.  After about 3 weeks I decided I wanted to see how much it would be to add storm doors so I could have screens in them in the fall and leave the doors open. When I emailed her to ask I said "I know you probably think I'm crazy, but can you please give me a price for storm doors too?"  she replied with "I have to be honest I've never given anyone 18 estimates before" Ooops! After it was all said and done I ended up spending $7,200 but in my mind I was ok with it because I got 4 doors instead of 2 ;)  We LOVE our new doors and they make the house look so much better! 



We finally got grass to grow on the right side of yard :)

The flowers that I planted in the front box turned out so pretty too. 
Josh dug out a bigger hole around the crawl space door so it doesn't seem so scary anymore :) 


In June we got our new roof and gutters. I didn't like how the gutters, soffit, and fascia, were the same color as the siding so we decided to have those replaced and change the color of everything to white so it would stand out more. I was absolutely the right decision. We also decided to change out the front windows to white ones.
this is before


After



Josh also finished the tree house before he deployed! 


He decided to put a tire swing up and scared me to death during the process. 

The finished product 













0 comments: