Thursday, July 26, 2018

March 2017

After 2 months of feeling like spring it got really really cold the first week of March which would have been fine but my beautiful tree was in full bloom then froze and was like this until it was fully green in June! 
The cold also stunted the growth of my easter daisies and tulips
Luckily, the tiger lilies, that I transplanted from the back yard last fall seem to be doing ok. I love my new little flower bed around the mailbox. 

Before Josh deployed last year we decided it was time for us to get a boat. It's something that we both love to do and have always wanted. Truthfully, the marina in this neighborhood was the biggest selling point to Josh. So Last Oct I ordered us a 2017 Yamaha 212X. They only make a certain amount of these boats each year so that's why we had to order so early. On March 9, 2017 Josh officially signed for our new toy! It still wasn't in so we left empty handed lol
On March 10th Kaleb had this dance thing at school so we went. At the end they asked parents to come out and dance with the kids and since it was still new that he was home Kaleb wanted him! 

We've had a really mild winter this year so even a little bit of snow made the boys excited
Jack decided he didn't like my cooking so he opened his own restaurant 
Jack's super restaurant

Since our garden got washed out last year and nothing really grew I decided to start seeds inside this year. 
By the end of the month is was warm again and I noticed the Hostas that were around the tree that Josh cut down behind the garage starting coming up. Since they are a shade plant I knew they wouldn't live in that spot very long so I did something I had never done and transplanted them.  I mean I transplanted the tiger lilies last fall but nothing this big. Some of them were so big so I divided them and planted them all around the house out back. 










 



0 comments: