We went to W.V. for spring break and had lots of fun! Kirby lets us take the side by side in the mountains and it was so nice to take the boys up where I used to go four wheeling all the time.
This year I made Easter dinner and the Meckley's and Beauregard's came and we had an egg hunt.
After dinner the kids went out to play and all of us adults were sitting around the dinner table talking and Jack came in and asked for my phone. When I asked why he said "You'll see" then he went outside. A few minutes later he came in and said "Mom, you see that orange blob? That's Kaleb." All six of us adults stood up at once and went running. He was about 40 to 50 feet up in a pine tree!
After he was down I asked him why he did it and he said he wanted to climb higher than Pete. I had no idea what he was talking about then Josh told me that last week while they were watching Pete's dragon Kaleb said that Pete could climb higher than him. This boy is seriously going to kill me. He didn't get in trouble because, lets be honest, I had never told him no to climb 50 foot up a tree but we had a long talk about not doing it again...........and the next day he went even farther up! He told me again that he just wanted to climb higher that Pete so we showed him that our trees were taller than the ones Pete climbed so he did climb higher! Oh, and yes he did get in trouble for this one! While we were watching him climb down Jack was standing with me and said "You got to admit, that's pretty impressive." LOL
I couldn't sleep after this so the next day I had Josh go and cut all the lower limbs off of the pine trees.
April 20th Kaleb turned 6. I made these cupcakes and took them in to his class.
These guys have become great friends! Gabe, Carter, Kaleb, and Kyri
Kaleb and Kyri
After we took the cupcakes we went and picked up our boat and took it for the sea test!!
When we got home we had our little family party with Kaleb. Mamaw Kathy was here and we had spaghetti for dinner. Kaleb's favorite!
The we took our first family boat ride on our new boat!
This year I decided to take the old flower pots that the old owners left all over the yard and paint them. I think they turned out really nice
All the Hostas that I split and moved at the beginning of the month are starting to grow and are looking really good.
More boating
Since Josh has been home he has had to go on two work trips and was told he was going on a third to Florida at the beginning of May so he called me from California and asked if I would want to go down a few days early and go on a 3 day cruise to the Bahamas. Ummmm, heck ya I do!! My mom was still here from Kaleb's birthday so she kept the kids and we went.
This is where we spent our time in Nassau. It was great to get away by ourselves. Josh even said we need to plan more trips like this in conjunction with his work trips. :)





















































0 comments:
Post a Comment