Tuesday, July 24, 2018

December 2016

Kaleb and I made popcorn and cranberry string again for their little tree. I love this little tradition we started.

 Willy brought us something fun for the car! The boys get so excited when we go through the kiss and ride line at school. lol 

On Dec 10th we went to the Shriner's Club with Ken, Shelby, Alexa, and Kenny, and their Grandpa Geroge and had breakfast with Santa.  




Later that day we went down to Emily's birthday party and her grandma surprised her with pony rides! Jack was so cute. he rode a min then asked if he could run home and get his cowboy hat. 



I'm not sure what Jack and Kenny are discussing but it looks serious....
Kristi came over one day and we had a craft day and made these cute felt trees. Then she showed me how to make these paper trees out of wrapping paper. 

Kaleb has become obsessed with nutcrackers this year so while we were in WV Gino gave him some of the ones he had when we were young. 

I got some new decorations for the dining room this year :) 


We had Alexa, Kenny, Sophie, Emily, and Guiliana come over and make ornaments with us during Christmas break. 


Kaleb has made some good friends at school. One of his favorites is Kyri. For the first 2 months of school all we heard about was Kyri. He was invited to another boys birthday party, Carter the other boy he talks about,  and I finally met Kryi's parents and they told me that he talks about Kaleb all the time too. Miss Hogan told me they get along because they are both really quiet and shy. Well, Kyri won a prize for selling the most stuff for the fall fundraiser and got to pick two friends to go in the game truck with him and he chose Kaleb and Carter. These three are good buddies. 
 We love Christmas Time! 



We started a Christmas village this year. This is something I've always wanted and I figured since Josh was gone this was the perfect year for a new tradition to get the boys excited about. We will add a new piece every year. 
 Kaleb picked out this snow boarder and said it was Josh :)
 Uh oh, Willie had to crack the whip! 
Baking for Santa

I was so glad we baked on the 23rd because I woke up with a stomach bug on Christmas eve. Not only was it terrible because this was the first Christmas Josh was gone, that the boys can remember, but I was on my death bed! Thank goodness for great neighbors! Shelby brought me lunch and Steph brought me more grocery bags to puke in when I ran out. 
All week I had thought about going on and wrapping presents but since Josh and I always do it on Christmas Eve after the boys go to bed I wanted to keep the tradition, even though he wasn't here. Boy do I wish I would have cause trying wrap gifts while sick is miserable! So many looked like this and more than usual were just thrown under there unwrapped. But it got done.



 





 









0 comments: