In July they started saying they might not open schools up this year and the kids will do everything online. This makes me so nervous. Never in a million years would I ever consider homeschooling, but right now I'm consuming my brain with researching homeschool curriculum. I keep looking for traditional curriculum like they use in school, but there are so many choices and so many different styles! there is Charolette Mason, which is basically reading living books and learning everything, Oh there's unschooling, which means you just let your kids learn about what they want to and let them wonder in the woods! There are others but I'm so overwhelmed I can't think of them all. It's so crazy!!!
Carrie has decided to homeschool Tripp and Taylee. I'm just so afraid that I won't teach them the things they need to learn, or they will fall behind, but then I think, behind what? the whole world is behind. Anyway, after lots of prayer and talking to the Principal at Gunston Elementary I'm going to just have them do public school. She told me they are giving everyone computers with the school sites they need and giving out math manipulatives to every student so they can work out math problems with the teacher. I wasn't sure what to expect but I had to have faith in the school system to do what was right for our boys.




0 comments:
Post a Comment