Friday, July 1, 2022

Feb. 2020

Jack got his first job!! Our neighbors Stella and Paul have a son who plays Lacrosse for Maryland University. The never miss his games. The board Lucci when they have to go to away games, but asked Jack if he could walk and feed him on home game days. He was so excited. He makes $10 every time he watches him.  


Basketball season is in full swing. I put the names on Kaleb's team's jerseys. Coach Jeff's son aged up so he is with Jack again this year. Kaleb's new coach is really night and great with the kids. Kaleb is enjoying the games but still tells me he doesn't want to play. Practice is hard because he sits with me on the wall until the Coach gets there and officially starts. While he's sitting with me the kids are asking him to come and pass or shoot with them, but he won't. Maybe one day lol He has also scored a few times! Sadly, they only got to play a few games because this new virus, Covid 19, was starting to spread and they didn't want to take a chance on anyone getting sick. 










Jack was back with Coach Jeff and couldn't be happier. Josh was helping coach too. Jack's confidence in basketball grew so much over the last two months. His head is in the game, and he gets a lot of rebounds and takes it to the other end of the court. 






Josh even played on the unit team on post.


Happy Valentine's Day!! I got us super early and got the boys their favorite doughnuts!


Barrett is so nosy and afraid he's going to miss something LOL
Our bathroom has needed redone since we moved in. Josh finally said it was time so the first thing he did was make the 32inch door a 36 inch one. We plan on doing sliding barn doors on the outside. He cut the hole then needed some part or something and had to order it online. 
He told me while we were waiting on that part, he wanted to take the linoleum up off the boy's bathroom floor and put the waterproof laminate down like we used in the laundry room. I thought that was a great idea. Well, once he tore that up he saw that it was laid on top of tile so he thought he would get that layer off to make it even. After that layer he found a layer of little bitty square tiles and took them up. After that there was about 2 inches of concrete that he busted through to find the subfloor had rotted out in several places. So this quick floor change turned into the whole floor being replaced. After taking the tile off the walls he realized that a floor joist under the tub had been cut and was just sitting on the tub bracket so he knew he needed to screw that down. I said if we are doing all this we might as well get a new tub and tile the shower walls. 






We had heard about this cool ski resort called Seven Springs in PA but it was 4 hours away so we knew if we wanted to check it out it would have to be for the weekend. Ken found a cabin to rent so all 3 families went in and got it. It was awesome!! The cabin was a ski in, ski out so we didn't have to go to park somewhere then get our gear on. We had planned this for a few weeks and was ready to go. That morning I got a call from the school that Kaleb had fainted. I went and got him and took him straight to the ER. They ran all kinds of test, and everything looked good. He didn't remember from the time he fainted to when they took him to the nurse's office. I asked Josh if he thought we should stay home. The Dr. and Josh said we should still go, so we did and I'm so glad! 
The kids had a blast. I really loved this place because at the other 4 places the green hills were off by themselves so I was saying goodbye to my family and meeting them in the lodge for lunch or dinner then heading out by myself again. Setph picked skiing up faster than I did so she was already doing the blue trails. At Seven Springs, they had greens all over the resort so I could ride the lift up with my family then I would take a green down, others could do a blue, and the ones who did the black's and we all ended up at the same bottom and could get on another lift together. 





Kaleb


Jack

Alexa, Sophi, & Me

Steph. Emily, & Shelby

Emily and Me



Josh, Emily, Sophie, Me, Alexa, and Kaleb















0 comments: