Sunday, July 3, 2022

March 2020 The Month the World Shut Down!

 I finally put pictures up in the living room, last year. I can't remember if I put them on here or not. Kristie came over and we decided what we wanted then went to At Home and got the frames. I'm so happy with how it turned out!

Work on the bathroom continues.




Josh spent so much time on youtube while doing this project. He had never laid tile before and wanted to make sure he did it right. One day I came to ask him a question and found him like this. LOL He said he was just thinking......


I had painted this bathroom after we moved in but I always hated where the toilet was because my elbow would the wall when I went to get toilet paper and I always felt squished. I knew Jack wasn't getting any smaller so soon he would have the same problem. I asked Josh if we could swap the toilet and sink. He looked at me like I was crazy, but he knew I had a point. Chuck our neighbor, who is a plumber came and helped us out.
Before
this is the switched plumbing
By the middle of March Covid 19 had spread so bad and killed so many people that the President made everyone close down. Grocery stores were open, but we had to wear masks everywhere we went. The funniest thing was everyone panicked and bout toilet paper! LOL you couldn't find any for a couple months. Luckily, I had just gone to Costco, so we were fine.  They closed school for the last two weeks of March and said the kids would come back mid-April after our scheduled spring break. Everyone was so confused on what to do and what not to do. We decided we would stay home and only go to the store when we needed to. We also let our kids play outside with the neighborhood kids. Some people thought we were crazy, but we weren't going to make our kids stay inside all day every day.  After the first week all the kids were stir-crazy, so Josh organized a PT test for all the kids and called it PE. He went around the neighborhood and put up cones at the mile markers and planned the route. All the kids had fun!
Shelby at the finish line recording times.

Evin, Sophie, Jack Liam, Kaleb, Emily, Kenny, Noah, Wyatt, and Alexa



Josh was the fun PE teacher who taught them to throw knives. They didn't like it when I would make them do schoolwork. 


I had scheduled to have lasik eye surgery in Feb, so they kept the ones who were already on schedule have it done.  It was painful the first day but even in pain I could see so much better! It's one of those things, I wished I had don't years ago
I love taking pictures like this when they use their imagination and play!

All the kids were loving having all this time to play outside!
Kaleb being sneaky!

I hadn't really picked what tile I wanted to use in the bathroom, and if you know me you know I hate making decisions. We were at the tile store, and they announced they were closing at 7pm and didn't know when they would open again. MY WORST NIGHTMARE! I had to pick something, so I went with what I liked the most! We bought everything so we could get this project done!
This was the first tile Josh ever laid! 





















0 comments: