Friday, July 1, 2022

January 2021

 This year Amanda organized a new year's run around the neighborhood. Some neighbors had tables outside with drinks for us if we needed them. Some of the drinks were spiked and some weren't. It was so fun, and a lot of our neighbors participated.

Me, Amanda, Liv 




Josh, Justin, and Maddi
Javi, Jack, Alex, and Kaleb
The boys got snowboards for Christmas so, I figured I better get some skis. Josh found me some used ones on marketplace so, we are ready! On Jan 2nd The Beaureguard's, Meckley's and us got up super early and went to Liberty ski hill that's about 2 hrs away. Steph and the girls have never skied before either so we all had classes. The instructor Steph and I had was amazing and helped us figured out how to turn without falling. Jack, Kenny, and Kaleb took more snowboarding lessons also. 






Jack had been wanting a Traxxas RC but they were really expensive, so I got him a different one for Christmas and it died in two days. After that I sent it back and ordered Jack the truck he really wanted. He was so excited and took it right out and drove it all day

I turned 37 this year. Shelby made her coconut cake that I love and everyone was there to sing happy birthday. It was a great night. 


On Jan. 17th Josh got off early so we went to Liberty again to do some night skiing. I was so cold, and they were trying to make snow, but it just turned to ice and stuck to our clothes and goggles. The boys were still trying to get a hang of it so there were lots of tears on the mountain. They are starting to get the hang of it though.  



This cracked me up. When you think of ski resorts you picture snow everywhere but at Liberty there is only snow where they make it. 







Josh and Jack
The boys are still building forts! 



On Jan 20th all of us drove to Rountop, which is a different ski hill 2 hours from us. I didn't take a lesson today. I am feeling more confident and can ski the green hills pretty well. Greens are the easiest trails on the east coast. On the way there I looked back, and my heart hurt a little at how much Jack looked like a teenager. He is growing up so fast.


Emily, Jack, Sophi, Alexa, Kaleb, and Kenny


Shelby, Sophi, Alexa, and Me
I never know where I'm going to find Kaleb when I go in at night to check on them before I go to bed. I know Jack was not awake when he climbed down there because he would have yelled for me to come and make him move lol
Jan 27th The Meckley's, Beauregard's and us went to another ski hill called Whitetail. 
It was a really fun day. Steph and I are still on the greens but getting better all the time. 




That's me coming down a blue that Josh told me I could do. I fell about 10 times. Yep, I'm sticking to the greens. The funniest memory from this day was, I was almost to the bottom and was going pretty fast and I knew I couldn't stop. I was aiming right at this big black guy, and I told him, "I can't stop" and he opened his arms, and I ran right into his chest. Once I was stopped, I looked up at him and said, "this is the start of a Hallmark movie" LOL I laughed and told him I was married, and Steph and Shelby were standing there dying laughing. 

 



 















 

0 comments: