Happy 11th Birthday Jack!!
We celebrated with his friends from the neighborhood on the 2nd. I love having all these kids in my house :)
He wanted a Reese's ice cream cake for his birthday so I went to Baskin Robbins and all they had was one that looked like a pumpkin. LOL
Swimming in November!
Since Josh was leaving, we decided to decorate for Christmas before he left.
Josh is in Vegas training, so I decided to load up and go to Idaho. He will meet us up there when he is done, and we'll spend Thanksgiving there.
Our third day we drove through Wyoming, and it was so windy! The interstate had been shut down the night before, but they opened it right before we got there. We saw so many trucks flipped on their sides! I don't know if it's because I'm not used to driving a taller vehicle or if it was really that windy, but I was scared to death. I gripped the wheel so hard while I was driving and my nerves were so bad, I decided to stop at 4:30 and get a room. We drove the rest of the way the next day.
I took this picture the next morning in Rock Springs, WY before we pulled out. I thought it was so beautiful!
We made it to Paul and of course the kids love playing with their cousins. That's my favorite part about coming home! Jack and Dutch baking cookies with Grandpa :)
Josh came a few days before Thanksgiving, so we had time to get out and explore a little. This is in Twin Falls.
I was dying because Josh brought Barrett into his parent's house! Everyone knows Randy hates dogs, and no one ever does this. I did feel a little better when he told me it was ok because Barrett doesn't stink.
Of course, Kaleb got hurt! I'm so glad he does it when Josh is around. Josh is so patient and caring and always makes him feel better.
Tyson and Carrie got there a few days before Thanksgiving too. This is the first time we have been home at the same time in 4 years! Once Covid happened we let the boys start playing a game online with Trey, Trent, Tru, Taylee, and Tripp and it's been great! It's crazy how close they have become just by playing that game. :)
Growing up Josh used to play this game called fugitive. They would call the cops and let them know they were playing so if anyone called in anything they would know what was going on. You start on one side of the town then people in cars go look for you. If they spot you with a flashlight you have to get in their car and you are out of the game. Josh was so excited to have our boys play with him. We had a huge crew of family and friends, and it was so much fun. Jack almost made it all the way across town without being caught then Tyson saw his reflective strip on his jacket and tagged him right before the church where the end is. The second round Jack worked with Trent, and they won!
We can't have a trip to Idaho without Shooting!!
One of my other favorite things about going home for Thanksgiving is seeing Santa turn on the lights in Rupert on black Friday! This year was awesome as usual, but they have added a skate rink and a cute market surrounding it.
Jack, Tripp, Kaleb, and Taylee
On Saturday, we went to Pomerelle, the small ski hill that Josh grew up going to. Even though it only had two lifts, it was so fun! The boys loved tree surfing and the snow was so soft!! We had a good group, and the kids had a blast skiing with his cousins!
Barrett stayed with Steph during the days and Sawyer and Ember loved his bed LOL
We always love visiting with family!!
Steph and Doug were visiting his parents as well, so we had a date night with no kids!



























.jpg)




























0 comments:
Post a Comment