Monday, July 4, 2022

April 2020

 Covid is out of control! We don't know how to treat it, so everyone is told to stay home. Church is online, most dr. appointments have gone virtual, some stores are open, but you have to order online, and they bring your order to the car. Masks Masks Masks!!!! You can't go anywhere without a mask. The CDC told everyone to unload their groceries into the garage and wipe everything down with Clorox wipes before bringing them in. It's crazy! You can't find rubbing alcohol, cleaning wipes, bleach, Clorox, Lysol, or toilet paper anywhere!!! 

 Luckily, we had bought everything we needed to do this bathroom so, Josh had plenty to keep him busy. 


We have to make time for boating though! We took our first ride on April 8th. The water was still cold but these boys of mine had to wakeboard.


Jack loves him so selfies lol
We had just gotten the boys new bikes last summer, but Kaleb's had broken so he wanted a real mountain bike for his birthday. We had ordered it in the beginning of April, and it's a good thing we did because you can't find bikes anywhere right now. Since everyone is off work and can't go anywhere, everyone has decided they are outdoors people. We ended up giving it to him early since his other one was broken, and they were playing outside all day every day. 
He was pretty excited!



the bathroom is coming right along! 
I was sitting at home one night and Josh came in and told me there was an old rider lawn mower on the curb in our neighborhood. He wanted to go get it to add to his scrape pile, so we got a tow strap and hooked it up to the Volvo and he rode it home. LOL This is what our "date nights" have come to. LOL



Easter 2020
Even though we are told to stay inside and not socialize, the Meckley's, Beauregard's, and us figure we can all still hang out since we are only around each other. Shelby had an easter egg hunt in her yard. I'm so glad we have these two families in our lives! 
Sophie, Emily, Alexa, Kenny, Kaleb, and Jack

our "social distancing" picture :)




Barrett looking at the squirrels 

I had the job of taking a toothpick around the little octogens and getting the extra glue that puffs up after to put the tile on it so when he puts the grout in it will look nice. 

The governor of Virginia announced that schools would be virtual the rest of the year!!! I was a nervous wreck. I started walking like 5 to 6 miles a day just to try and keep myself from thinking about me being responsible for my kid's education. The county sent out these packets for the kids to work on until they got the virtual sites up and running.  It was a nightmare! I was so anxious I lost 15 lbs. in a month! I mean I was happy about that, but it was not because I was doing anything healthy, I was just sick to my stomach all the time.  
The county finally got the site up and running so the kids logged on with their teachers for about an hour and two each day. The first week was terrible because these poor teachers weren't ready for this either, so they couldn't figure out how to get microphones turned on/off, kids' camera's on, and the system would just randomly shut down because there were too many students online at once. Kaleb really struggled with this and school time for him was terrible! 
Just a pretty pic of our house :)

The boys were spending a lot of time outside, which I thought was great. but you never knew what they were getting into. lol I went outside one day, and they had this box sitting on two skateboards riding it down the hill. 



Dad saw that it kept sliding so he helped them fix the problem. :)

The bathroom is finished, and it is beautiful!! He worked so hard and did a fantastic job!

The boys are really into playing this game called Fortnite. I used my Cricut and etched this into a night light. He loved it!


Josh thought he was funny cause he brought Kaleb's dirt biked and mountain bike in the living room because they were technically his birthday gifts! 
I woke up super early and went to Texas Doughnut and got them the big doughnuts they love! 

Kaleb is always making the funniest faces for pictures!


Happy 9th Birthday Kaleb!!
quarantine style! 



Kaleb's Lego coronavirus 
A few months ago, the boys and I went to At Home to get some picture frames and Kaleb saw this picture and wanted it, but I wasn't paying that much for it. Shelby is a great artist so when she asked me what Kaleb wanted for his birthday, I sent her this picture. She nailed it! 




Barrett and Milly playing! 

We love you so much, Kaleb, I hope you always know that! 



When we got new front doors a few years ago, Josh saved out old ones and made a coffee table out of it! 
Now that the boy's bathroom is finished, and he has some time at home we decided to tackle the upstairs closet and bathroom. These are the only rooms in the house I haven't painted or done anything too. The bathroom was this terrible green and the closet was unfinished. I had always stored my Christmas decorations in there but now that we have the shed, we moved them all out there. 



I painted it the same gray as the bathroom we just did downstairs.


Since we didn't get to use the waterproof flooring in the kid's bathroom downstairs, we put it up here. 




After it was done, I really didn't like the old wood vanity, so I painted it blue! 



While I was painting, Josh decided to bust up the tile in the living room bathroom. It has been separated for a while and the grout is missing in so many spots. 
That's not all he did while I was painting. He also took the carpet out of the gun closet, which made me happy because it always smells musty in there, and put in the waterproof flooring and hung shelves so it could be more organized




It looks, and smells, so much better!
















































0 comments: